We support, educate, and advocate for mental wellness in our community.
Since 1983, NAMI Fairbanks has fought for families and individuals living with mental illness. We spotlight the needs for mental health services and provide education and support for families, individuals, and professionals in the greater Fairbanks area.
At NAMI Fairbanks, we believe that there is always hope. Healing and recovery are possible and we never give up. We believe in working together to build a thriving, compassionate community that knows how to help when someone they care about is experiencing mental illness.
NAMI Fairbanks provides support, education, and advocacy for people experiencing psychiatric disabilities, their families, friends, and interested community members.
A community that promotes mental health, recovery from mental illness, access to treatment with a caring attitude and cultural sensitivity for all those affected by mental illness, and elimination of the stigma associated with any mental health condition.
What We Do:
Questions?Have a look at our FAQ
If you don't see the information you need, please contact us at 907-456-4704. The office is open Mon-Wed-Fri 11 am to 4 pm. You may also send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAMI Fairbanks provides information, referrals and peer-led support to people living with a mental health condition, family members and caregivers, mental health providers and the public. NAMI provides:
- Information about mental health conditions, treatment options and recovery strategies.
- Suggestions for coping with mental health symptoms or helping someone else.
- Information for participating in NAMI support groups and education programs.
- Referrals to treatment services, community support services and other useful organizations.
- NAMI Fairbanks can also send a limited number of NAMI brochures and fact sheets.